Thursday, June 12, 2014

Satan is laughing at the Catholic Internet

This article sums up nicely the temptations to viciousness on Facebook, Twitter, and Internet forums which is why the Plain Catholics only enter those domains rarely and with great prayer. We decided this 15 years ago this month. 

So many opportunities and so much energy to evangelize has been wasted in these vicious exchanges and personal opinion attacks - and satan is ROTFLOL. The Catechism labels this vicious speech, including sarcasm and gossip, as grave sins. 

Let us go to Confession and do better than this as we are reminded:
One drop of honey attracts more bees than a barrel of vinegar." ~ St. Francis de Sales 

1 comment:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

It would seem Christians often hurt other Christians more than non christian. I believe it is one of satan's tactics. I am not Catholic yet it deeply troubles and upsets me when I see the attacks on Catholics on facebook. Many of my friends ARE catholic and I love them. I do not choose friends based on their denominations nor will I attack them if they believe different than I! I even dare have non christian friends and I pray for them like all the others. i would most likely leave facebook if I did not believe God wants me there to encourage and pray with the many He seems to lead my way. But I must always use caution when i go there!


Matthew 5:16 So let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Sign the St. Michael Pledge

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Search

Ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus

Ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus