Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Cool and Dry



Today tis cool, breezy, but dry. The first two are a relief but the third is a danger. One dropped cigarette and widespread fires will result. Keep us in prayer for rain, please.

The pantry is filling with jars of sauerkraut, apple butter, and peach butter. Green beans, jams, squash, and tomatoes add to the colorful palette. The orderly rows of jars on the shelves create a sense of satisfaction as we fill the larder for the coming winter and spring.

The young people of the parish are active in their sports and retreats; the glow on their faces reminds me of those orderly quarts of veg...so full of promise and good things. May God bless and protect our young people.

That's me then.

4 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

What a lovely post! I enjoyed it very much. Doesn't it seem this time of year makes you reflect and think more? It does me.

PlainCatholic said...

Aye, we love the Autumn most. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I think it would be so nice to be able to provide for our family like that, stocking up foods for the upcoming winter. I love autumn!

God Bless!

Dawn said...

I agree with pandabean. Even though I don't can...yet, I have been finding awesome and really cheap deals on canned veggies at our grocery store (6 can for $1.72) so every time I go there, I stock up!
I also really keep a keen eye out on other deals because now is the time where the prices drop (I have noticed that in chicken), so...

It's exciting!

Bless U dear Sis.


Matthew 5:16 So let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Sign the St. Michael Pledge

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Search

Ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus

Ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus