Tuesday, October 16, 2007

One Finished, Another Undertaken


The apple and pumpkin butters are in the jars and the applesauce is in the kettle. The delicious aromas of cinnamon and other spices fill the house. While the applesauce slowly cooks, I have been placing hay around the garden plants and herbs in the hope of conserving the moisture and preparing for the winter frosts. Still no rain since that last, all too brief respite.

Tis life that: finishing and starting and hoping. Our hope is in Jesus' Divine Mercy and we pray our labors honor Him who sacrificed All for us.

The old cat still holds on, still looks forward to being held and loved and chatted up. She purrs appreciatively, happy with the simplest and most basic graces in her life. Lord, may I too, be content at the end of my days. It is my hope that I have served You well.

2 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I do so wish to be content at the end of my days, happy in knowing I did my part and served Him well. Bless the old kitties heart that she is hanging in there. Have a blessed week.

Barbara said...

Thanks for visiting and for your comments. Nice to meet you.
Can just imagine those wonderful smells in your kitchen,
So good to see someone calling children children and not clusters of cells. How it must break our Father's heart.


Matthew 5:16 So let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Sign the St. Michael Pledge

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Search

Ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus

Ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus