Saturday, October 3, 2009

Keeping the Appointment

Snowball cleaning. Tis what I call it. When I start to clean and organize and it "snowballs". I take out 3 things and find 5 others that need to be organized.

This morning it was my pantry. Over several months last year while recovering from surgery I simply neglected it. There were other, more pressing chores to do and limited energy and ability to do them. In the months that followed, again the pantry was still far down my priority chore list as I tried to catch up on the chore list.

So I decided to tackle that poor pantry. What a mess! Cans were not in their place; old food stuffs had been shoved to the back; and the spiders!

Now what does this all have to do with our spiritual walk? It occurs to me that our spiritual life can end up like that pantry. Worldly concerns push aside our quiet time with the Lord; our reading is neglected; the Bible gets dusty; prayer times become scattered. When we finally take the time to address our spiritual walk, we find a lot of cobwebs and disorganization.

Set a time each day to nourish your relationship with our Lord. Keep your appointment with Jesus. Put your prayer and reading time at the very top of your priority list. It will enrich everything you do.
That's me away.

1 comment:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

When I first started reading your post I did at once think of what a former pastor of ours called our "spiritual closets". They need cleaning out as well. Great posts and I thank you for this reminder.


Matthew 5:16 So let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Sign the St. Michael Pledge

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Search

Ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus

Ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus