Monday, February 1, 2010

Purification

The Church is always at its best when life goes to the worst. The truly faithful arise and overcome the obstacles, more dependent on God and more pure in their discipleship. The best analogy I have ever heard to describe the outcomes of persecution and difficulties for the faithful disciple of Christ involves water. When a stream or brook is forced underground by a rockslide it will eventually come to the surface as a spring, all the more pure because the rocks underground cleanse it.

This speaks to me so clearly because we have the mountains with their underground springs that come bubbling to the surface and the water is the sweetest I have ever tasted. So too, for the faithful Christian, difficult times are actually purifying and edifying. We become purified and sweeter thus nourishing both the Church and world with the life giving water of Christ.

That's me away to the planting.

4 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Difficult times can do the most wonderful things in our spiritual lives. Remember God's lessons are often painful but misery is optional so learn from it and be not discouraged.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Please feel free to use it dear sister.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maria said...

Thanks for this post. The analogy reminds me of what Teresa of Avila might say :-) Where I live, there is a lot of division within the Church itself. It's hard to get through everything to get to the essence of what is. I think for Lent I'm going to go exclusively to Latin mass to help me personally with difficulties in my own diocese.


Matthew 5:16 So let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Sign the St. Michael Pledge

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Search

Ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus

Ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus