Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Taking the Time


Summer is full of slow heat, the kind of swelter that brings our steps to a slower pace. We seek cool shade and rest. One day I was in town and realized I had an hour until my next appointment. Instead of dashing into a department store, I went down the street to the wee Catholic Church and sat inside in the darkened coolness.

Pulling out the rosary, I went through a decade, stopping periodically to sit with Jesus, sharing my day, my worries, my joys with Him. He listened patiently and in the sweet coolness I remembered a quote from a long forgotten source book of saints: "All will be well."

Msgr Charles Pope wrote a stellar article that defines discipleship that is effective. Titled Seven Habits of Divinely Inspired Evangelizers tis a grand exploration of habits we can all develop to serve Our Lord in a better manner. It gives us much to ponder and resolve.

That's me away.

1 comment:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That sounds like a much better way to spend the time! Huggles.


Matthew 5:16 So let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Sign the St. Michael Pledge

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Search

Ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus

Ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus