Sunday, February 13, 2011

Deep Calls to Deep


Psalm 42: 8,9
8 Here deep calls to deep in the roar of your torrents. All your waves and breakers sweep over me. 9 At dawn may the LORD bestow faithful love that I may sing praise through the night, praise to the God of my life.

As Lent approaches, the need for quiet in life intensifies. So much of life in our era is replete with information noise, natterings, and sensory overload. To hear God, we have to hear His whisper: and so we step farther away from the information overload. The Plain Catholics listen to weather reports for the farm. We listen to the Word in Lectio divina, Mass, and the Liturgy of the Hours. We listen to each other to strengthen the bond of charity; and we pray. We pray for each other and for a world that too often does not know how to pray for itself. What more do we need?

Abyssum abyssum invocat. Deep calls unto deep. Amen.



4 comments:

Rhoto said...

Thank you for the reminder that Lent is fast upon us--March 9th is Ash Wednesday...
Warm greetings from cold Montreal,
Rhonda

Maria said...

I'm not a Plain Catholic, but your lifestyle really resounds with me. Recently I deleted over a hundred songs from my iTunes account (basically music on my computer). For each song, I asked myself, "if I lost this song, would I realize it? would I purchase it again?" and "could this song harm my soul? would it be a near occasion of sin?" And if the answer was yes, off it went.

Anonymous said...

To know Him completely. To know that stopping every hour and focusing completely on Him...that to me is enough!

Praying for others comes because we live for Him and He lives in us.

Thank you for sharing...the music is perfect!

Maria.

De Liliis said...

'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.'

John 1:1


Matthew 5:16 So let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Sign the St. Michael Pledge

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Search

Ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus

Ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus